The next Greater Hunter Makers & Technology Festival will be held at Newcastle Jockey Club on Friday 21st and Saturday 22nd September 2018.
The Makers & Technology Festival will showcase the Greater Hunter Region’s innovative manufacturing, engineering technology companies, constructors, researchers, start-ups, METS, Defence and related technologies & Rail Industry.
The Festival has been organised by the Australian Industry Group (a peak national industry body) with financial support from the Platinum Supporter NSW Department of Industry, Gold Supporters the City of Newcastle and the University of Newcastle; and Silver Supporter Hunter TAFE and Engineers Australia – Newcastle Division.
Established industries will include mining equipment, defence, rail, vehicles and related technologies.
- Uncover the latest machinery and equipment with displays from local manufacturers
- Discover the latest advanced manufacturing technologies including state-of-the-art 3D printing equipment
- Enjoy a range of informative talks on technology & education from world-class speakers
- Explore a range of interactive activities from STEM high schools including the latest advancements in robotics and virtual reality
- Engage in interactive demonstrations by The University of Newcastle and TAFE
- Experience flying demonstrations from the latest drone technology and much more.
The Greater Hunter Region incorporates the Hunter, Central Coast and Mid-North Coast.